Sunday, August 15, 2010

Accordian folder!!

Here is another folder I made. This one I wanted to make it clear. For this project I used (1) clear sheet 8 1/2 x 11 inch and (1) piece of 8 1/2 x 11 inch cardstock. If you want to know how I made the clear sheet. I made it with the Your Story book binder and laminator. Here is the link.
This is the side of folder. I like the clear folder I can see what ever is inside. This can be used for coupons, cards, pictures etc. Click any photo to enlarge.




Here is a tutorial on how I made the clear folder. I used a clear sheet 8 1/2 x 11 inch. I score at 4 1/2 inches and then 6 1/2 inches.

I then folded all the score lines. When it is folded it should look like this.
For the sides I trimmed (2) pieces of cardstock 4 inches x 8 1/2 inches. Score every 1/2 inches.
Then accordion fold ( press one way, then the opposite way). It should look like this here.
Then I adhere sides to folder with hot glue gun and then I took my Crop-A dile II and punched one hole through both sides and tied ribbon through the hole to make more sturdy. Punch (2) holes in front of folder and (2) holes in back and set eyelets to tie folder together at the top with ribbon. Folder size is 4 1/2 inches height X 2 inches Depth X 8 1/2 inches width.


Have a great day all!

15 comments:

  1. wow .. Judy thats awesome... i wish i could just learn all of these skills from ya...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy... this is a great project!! There are so many good uses for this.. and it is pretty too!!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea!!

    Stopping by from TTA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy!

    I'm a new follower, I found you on Fancy Meeting You.

    I love your music choices - nice playlist!

    I hope you'll follow me back, http://KellysLuckyYou.com

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following you from http://inmycoatofmanycolors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm following you now from Fancy Meeting You. I LOVE the accordian folder! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cool-- i love how you think outside the folder (-:
    next to you for tta

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO cute! I am following from WW!
    Blessings,
    Amy
    apronsandart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi :) Im from FMBT If you haven't Please Follow me Back
    Miranda http://mommaissweeping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Following you from Welcome Wednesday! Be sure and stop by my blog and return the favor! Blessings to you. http://www.jennifersikora.com/2010/08/welcome-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool!

    New follower from Welcome Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Only because I love this blog - I have to say your music is distracting. Most blog experts say that to have people stay longer on your blog to not have music. They reason that we all have different tastes in music and are in different moods when we blog. We may even have our own music going or have a baby sleeping nearby while blogging and get a surprise. I absolutely love this folder and I appreciate your tutorial. You did a great job!

    Haupi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Coming to you from Take It From Me blog Hop. If you want another blog hop, I would love it if you would visit mine:

    http://momsreview4you.blogspot.com/p/blog-hop.html

    My blog hop with be up every wednesday! Thanks!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a new Tuesday Follower! I love your site! Visit me at http://www.rockindeals4you.com/other/black-bean-brownies and sign up for my newest giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Saw you on Welcome Wednesday and am now following you. Would love if you could drop by. I can't wait to try some of your fun crafts!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Comment moderation is enabled and will not appear until comment is approved. There is no need to resubmit your comment.
I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment! Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...